Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday, How I Love You



I am reading: the first pages of Matched, by Ally Condie. (Even though I should be reading the latest Ann Brashares in order to pass it on to Danielle, since she selflessly spied it, but let me take it home from the library first).

I am drinking: White tea. From the beautiful teapot that my workmates gave me as a good-bye gift when I left Koorong...and before I went back to work there last week!
I am listening to: Iron Man 2, in the background.

I can hear: The traces of the Bill Johnson sermon (The Gift of Courage) that Danny is listening to. It's a totally brilliant message, too. It's the first time I've heard Bill Johnson's preaching and I am in love.

I can see: BabyMicah digging new 'toys' out of the recycling bin while Susie gathers more items to pack for Malaysia. I can't believe that they leave this Thursday. It's come so quickly.

I am interested in: Operation Homefront. An organisation dedicated to supporting military personnel in loving, homey ways where they may not be able to connect with a regular support network.


I am thinking about:  All the wonderful books I have in my posession to read; The Unplugged signage I intend to make this week for our Unplugged church services; How much I love babyMicah and exactly how much I will miss him when he goes to Malaysia on Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. Ha, I just put Matched on hold at the library, since it looks super cute.;) How do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it! It had a lot of the feel of Lois Lowry's The Giver. It wasn't the best YA dystopic future fiction I've read, but I'm still eagerly awaiting the release of the next book in the trilogy (Have you noticed how popular teen trilogies seem to be lately?).

    ReplyDelete