Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Since last Wednesday...

It's been...interesting, this last week.
I was going about a regular Saturday: rejoicing over finished papers, contemplating when I would be able to get the final one in between baby-clothes shopping with Susan, lifegroup, iceskating with youth and all of the regular Sunday things that we do. It was a full on weekend, even more so than normal because Danny was preaching on Sunday morning...until we got a phone call from our landlords. They'd found a new tenant for our little unit after a few months of searching, and wanted to know if we could move out by the following Friday. I'd totally forgotten that we'd ever even planned to move out! Our original plans fell through a while ago, so the whole moving concept came as a kind of shock to me.

So in the last two days, we've moved house. Mostly.
We're all moved out of our lovely little Notting Hill. The carpet cleaners are coming tomorrow, and all of our things are safely stored in Danny's parent's garage. And we are being stored with Rikki, Susan and BabyMicah for a couple of weeks until we find a new place to live.

Right now I'm desperately trying to finish my last paper for the semester so I can get on with exactly that: finding a new place to live! I could definitely do without anymore moving for a very, very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment